Whenever you start the process of app development, you will face many queries and I will say you should have a set of questions. These set of questions help you clear the concept and flow better. One of the main questions comes to mind is that which platform to choose to build the app, Android or iOS or both? You have two options to select from to build your app either use a native approach or hybrid approach.
There are basically two kinds of apps:
- Native Apps
- Hybrid Apps
About NATIVE Apps
The Native Apps are known as the standard in mobile app world. Native apps are specifically written for a specific mobile operating systems. Mostly for Android or iOS and they work best for the chosen platform. Native apps are made for a particular operating system, so they can be only be accessed via a dedicated app store be it Google or Apple. An Android application can be accessed just by Android users and is made using Windows, Java, C++ etc and iOS applications make use of XCode/Objective-C. Native apps are native to an operating system of the user and therefore built as per those guidelines.
Pros of Native Apps
- Native Apps facilitates to take full advantage of functionalities which are supported by the mobile devices like camera, GPS, calendar, microphone & much more. The users get to enjoy more features which he would otherwise have no access in case he/she was using a hybrid app.
- Complete Device Integration
- Superior UX
- Superior performance
- A single operating system is kept in mind for development of Native apps, they offer better performance than the hybrid apps. In case you wish to create a high-performance app, choose a native app.
Cons of Native apps
- Needs developers
- Building a native app takes more effort and time. Moreover, services are to be taken from more developers for this task.
- High Development Costs
- Native apps are more expensive than hybrid apps. They are quite complicated and necessitate multiple code bases which have to be developed by the developers. This leads to higher expenses as compared to hybrid apps which need a single code base.
About HYBRID Apps
The main advantage of designing hybrid app is dependable & cross platform UI which is in sync with the maximum number of devices. Hybrid app development system is less expensive but this cannot be used for any kind of app.
Pros of Hybrid apps
- Fast development process
- Hybrid apps don't take too many developers to build the app. This is a good thing in case of duration as it is a vital factor in your app development process & progress.
- They are accessible across various platforms as well as devices, this way you are free from the tension that the user might not be able to access the app just because it is not compatible with their operating systems or devices.
- Reduced development cost
- It is cheaper to build a hybrid app than a native app. You do not have to face the issues of building separate apps developed for separate platforms i.e. iOS and Android. Rather you will have an app which is ready for both platforms.
- Minimum requirements
- The developers don’t need to learn separate languages to build a hybrid app.
Cons of Hybrid apps
- One of the main flaws of hybrid apps is that they fail to present a complete native-like feel. And if users do not get a flawless experience, their likelihood of trying the app again falls down drastically.
- Reduced efficiency
- In comparison to native apps, Hybrid apps are slower. Because of this getting smooth transitions becomes difficult.
- Presence of lags as well as UX issues
- Hybrid apps fall short to present a seamless experience that is characteristic of native apps, which can create serious performance issues in high-performing apps as well as games. Users will face lags and because of this, they might even leave your app.
So, these are few of the pros and cons used for the comparison of native and hybrid apps. Plan your requirement, weigh the pros and cons of each category and go in for app development accordingly.
And if there are an idea popping and lighting fire inside you, we can help you out unity development services. Always there to help our readers, aspiring developers & entrepreneurs.
Thanks for reading!